Listed below is important conference information, including how to register, how to attend the conference via ZOOM, how to attend in person, and answers to common questions about the conference.
Please review all conference information.
If you have any questions, contact Karen Engler-Weber, CSW Program Director at Karen.Engler@asu.edu
How to Register for the Conference:
- Review the conference schedule and identify sessions you would like to attend. Workshop descriptions are available on the CSW website as well as on the Aventri registration site. You can register for one session or two full days worth of sessions, but please register for only those sessions that you are going to attend.
- Go to the registration site at: https://na.eventscloud.com/asupdc2022
- Register with your ASU.EDU email address. The system will not allow you to register with a different domain name.
- Make your selections and print your final registration confirmation. You will also receive an email confirmation.
- If you need to cancel or make changes to your registration, you need to have your email address and your registration record number. This can be found on your registration confirmation.You will not be able to submit a second a registration.
- You can cancel or make changes to your registration up to October 24th at Noon. After that point, we are not able to process cancellations and you will be noted as a no-show for the conference, which can impact attendance at future events.
- If you registered for sessons on October 26th ONLINE, you will begin receive an email for each individual workshop session that you registered for beginning October 24th. The email will come from the “Commission on the Status of Women.” The email will provide the contact ZOOM access information and any handouts/materials for the session. Please save these workshop links.
- On the days of the conference, you must log into your ASU ZOOM account to access the workshops. You will also need to ensure that your screen name matches your registration name. This will help us to verify your attendance and allow you to enter the session from the wait room.
During the Zoom workshop session, please do the following:
- Mute your video and your personal audio
- Use “speaker view” to only see the presenter and the screen
- Unless otherwise noted by the presenter, ask questions using the Q & A feature and/or chat
- All sessions on October 27th will take place in-person at the Tempe Campus. Remote options are not available for Oct 27 session dates.
- Masking for the conference is optional. If you are not comfortable attending the conference in-person, please do not register for sessions on Oct 27th. We have limited capacity for the event.
- Room assignments for workshops will fluctuate until the week of the conference. You will be emailed the room assignments for all workshops as well as check-in information.
- If you registered to attend the conference keynote luncheon, you will need to check-in for the conference to retrieve your ticket. A check-in desk will be available from 8:00AM-11:45AM (more details to come). Any tickets not claimed by 11:45AM will be distributed.
- The conference keynote will also be available via webcast for those wishing to attend virtually. The link for the event will be emailed on October 26th.
- We are not able to provide parking validation for conference attendees.
Q: I get an error message when I try to log into the registration system such as “too many entries”
If you are receiving an error message like this it likely means that you already have a registration confirmed. You need to log into “Modify Registration,” enter your email and your registration record. This will allow you to make changes to your registration. You also might have an incomplete registration – if this is the case, contact Karen.Engler@asu.edu and she will reset your access information.
Q: The session that I would like to attend is currently full – can I be added to the waitlist?
Yes -- during the registration process, select the waitlist option for the session you would like to attend. If a seat opens up, you will be added to the session and will receive an updated email confirmation. Please note that for a particular workshop time slot, you can be added to the waitlist or select a different session – not both.
Q: I missed the registration deadline, can I do walk-in attendance for Oct 27th at Tempe?
We will have limited walk-in avaiability for the conference at Tempe. Go to the conference information desk and volunteers will let you know what sessions you would be able to attend.
Q: When will I receive the ZOOM access information for conference sessions?
Beginning October 24th through Oct 25th, you will receive an email for each individual workshop session that you registered for. The email will come from the “Commission on the Status of Women.” The email will provide the contact ZOOM access information, any handouts/materials for the session, and a post-workshop evaluation link.
Q: There is more than one session at the same time that I would like to attend. Will sessions be recorded?
Some workshop sessions will be recorded and made available on the CSW website after the event, but not all sessions will be available. You are advised to select the session that you would most like to attend.
Q: What happens if I don’t attend one of the sessions I registered for?
You will be noted as a no-show and this may impact your ability to register for future events.
Q: Will there be conference swag?
Maybe! We are hoping to provide attendees with a special conference swag item for this year’s conference. Information will be shared soon with registrants about pick-up options. Swag items must be picked up on your respective campus. We are not able to mail items.
Q: Since the conference is via ZOOM does that mean there is increased seating in sessions?
Hosting the conference via ZOOM does provide us the ability to open additional spaces in workshop sessions than if we were to host it in-person. Please note however that some sessions are capped at certain numbers due to the structure of the session and the presenter’s request.
Q: My colleague was not able to register for a session, can I share the ZOOM link with them?
No. Please do not share zoom links to workshop sessions. Sessions will have wait rooms and only individuals that are registered will be allowed to enter the workshop session. Session sizes are limited and giving a link to an unregistered individual means that someone who did register won’t be able to access the session.
Q: Can I join a ZOOOM session after it has started?
If you are registered for a workshop session, you will be able to enter the session during the first ten minutes of the workshop.